All 30 Days of Change Blogs

Self Care | 30 Days of Change

Changing your behavior is hard. It’s one of our passions at VI. So, let’s take a moment to talk about self-care. Self-care is important but takes effort to put it into practice. Let’s start small. It may be as simple as taking a walk after a stretch of zoom calls or choosing to be grateful for what each day brings. Sometimes we need a reminder or a kick in the pants to keep us on track. 

We’ve designed a few phone wallpapers to help encourage you to take care of yourself.

Posted Apr 27, 2022

8 Sustainable Tourism Destinations in Oklahoma | 30 Days of Change

Sustainable travel is a type of tourism that promotes eco-friendly practices and environmental responsibility in the way you travel or the destination you visit. Oklahoma offers endless ways to travel sustainably within the OKC Metro and across the whole state!

Posted Apr 19, 2022

Make Your Voice Heard: Register to Vote in Oklahoma | 30 Days of Change

Voting is a critical part of our democracy, but many who are eligible to vote don’t. Make sure you make your voice heard by making a plan to vote ahead of time. Find out how to register to vote, methods for casting your vote, and more.

Posted Apr 11, 2022

5 Ways to Support Adoptable Pets This Year | 30 Days of Change

According to the ASPCA, approximately 6.3 million companion animals enter a U.S. animal shelter each year. Of that 6.3 million, only 4.1 million are typically adopted each year. That leaves 2.2 million animals for shelters to care for nationwide. Many animal shelters rely a great deal on help from their community. This year, we want to highlight how you can help your local animal shelters and provide a spotlight on as many of them as we can. Please note that it is important to volunteer, donate, buy wish list items, foster, and adopt from all shelters, not just the ones that we have listed.

Posted Apr 11, 2022

Things I Wish People Knew About Addiction & Recovery | 30 Days of Change

If you’d have told me I’d be alcohol-free and FOMO-free a decade ago, I would’ve laughed so hard, I’d spill my drink. For most of my twenties, my life revolved around alcohol. I couldn’t fathom facing life’s challenges without an anesthetic. But today, I’m 4.5 years sober… and thriving. Life hasn’t gotten any easier, but I’m more resilient, stronger and happier. Because when you numb the discomfort, you numb the joy, too. I know I wouldn’t be the wife, stepmom, employee, friend, daughter and sister I am today if I were still drinking. Here’s what I’ve learned over the course of my sober journey, along with advice from other people in recovery! 

Posted Apr 8, 2022

Join VI Marketing and Branding in April for a Food and Supplies Drive

Join VI Marketing and Branding beginning April 1 for a month-long effort to collect food and hygiene items to benefit local non-profits — and Oklahoma families!

Posted Apr 1, 2022